Thursday 16 September 2010

Girl Development 3

So, after my last post for the main girl character (who I have yet to name.. hmm), I tried to colour it in properly, shade it and all that jazz. However, as I was working I came across a few more problems. Here is the initial colouring of the design I chose...


Now I was sorta happy with it, but I wasn't sure whether she should be wearing such dark colours, as I wanted her to wear something a bit more vivid.
So I went back to the other designs and properly coloured those, front and back, as well.


But the first clothing colours were too similar to a character my friend had created, and the second one reminded me too much of 'Coraline'. I wanted something a bit more original, something that didn't immediately spring another character into my head.


Sooo.. I went back to the first design (at the top of this post) again and thought it might look a bit better with shading and tried that...


But I'm not sure it really made it any better.. But in the end, using some colour overlays I think I finally found a design I am happy with.



Although in this picture the colours aren't as strong as I want and I wanted to change the hair and shorts colour.. and also the eyes. So then finally......
....
..
.


dun daaa da daaaaaa!!!! Here is the finished character design...


The colours are purposefully reminiscent of the Gamecube console colours as she's a gamer girl and I love Nintendo Gamecube the most haha.. I think there are parts of it I may go back to in due time and either make a bit duller or change the colour slightly but all in all I think it's not too bad~

I'm glad I didn't rush straight into the first design as I would really have not been happy with that and this one I am definately more happy with (although there is a lot of room for improvement).

Perhaps if my idea gets picked my group will have some suggestions for changes I can make. It's strange but I'm starting to want my idea to get picked more and more whereas at the beginning I was indifferent. I really like this idea and want it to be made!! We will see what happens, maybe if I do a really successful, professional pitch people will want to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment